Alternative Software for Mail Lists

GregChapman GregChapman

Alternative Software for Mail Lists

This post was updated on .
Please add your questions/suggestions for mail list software/services to this topic

Greg

GregChapman GregChapman

Options for Mail Lists

This post was updated on .
The first suggestion I'll offer as a mail list alternative (with operation via the web an option) is https://groups.io

I am a subscriber to one group of lists that offer software support for a package I used to use, so it has similar benefits for those that need to offer multiple mail lists for slightly different audiences.

I also subscribe to another private, invitation only, list.

Light traffic lists are free and without adverts.

Both of those I subscriber to moved there from YahooGroups when they closed down. For those with long memories. I understand that the guy who started it created OneList a decade or two ago. He sold out to eGroups and they sold to YahooGroups, so the thing has gone full circle.

However, I have no experience as an list administrator.

Greg

marcmartin marcmartin

Re: Options for Mail Lists

I'm an admin for some mailing lists on Simplelists.com.  Seems perfectly fine, other than it will cost you about $60 per year per list:

  https://www.simplelists.com/
marcmartin marcmartin

Re: Options for Mail Lists

groups.io seems potentially very expensive (with large number of subscribers), although at least it doesn't have the appearance of going away.
marcmartin marcmartin

Re: Options for Mail Lists

... and what about google groups?  I had honestly thought they had discontinued that, but I guess not.