Alternative Software for Stand Alone Forums

GregChapman GregChapman

Alternative Software for Stand Alone Forums

This post was updated on .
Please add your questions/suggestions for standalone software/services to this topic

Greg

GregChapman GregChapman

Re: Options for Stand Alone Forums

When I did a quick search for services that offer forum hosting services I found a number of them made specific references to the packages their services were based on, such as phpBB, SMF or FluxBB. If you want to explore what these various packages can offer and how they differ then you can do worse than explore the demos at:  https://softaculous.com/apps

Softaculous is really aimed at web hosting companies and many have its software installed on their control panels for account holders. Many will find it cheaper to rent some web space and install one of the packages mentioned above, all of which are open source and free to install and use for personal, non-profit and commercial use.

Greg